WHAT IS YOUR STORY?
Is there an idea, an image, or a character that has been floating around your mind? How do you take that vague concept and develop it into a full motion picture? The journey, while certainly difficult, can be enthralling and exciting as you learn and apply the skills to make a screenplay complete.
The course is comprised of lecture, outside assignments, and in-class presentations and discussions.
In this 8-week workshop, we will:
- explore the fundamental concepts which will enable you to craft a story,
- understand classic screenplay structure,
- identify dramatic conflict and how to translate that into visual terms,
- develop ideas into a complete outline,
- progress from the outline stage to the writing of a feature screenplay.
The class is designed for beginners with no prior knowledge of screenplay writing. However, it is also recommended for writers wishing to refine their understanding of screenplay structure and begin a new work.
The only requirement is an idea and a desire to engage an audience
Class meets every Wednesday in New York City for 8 weeks
e-mail for additional information
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
Small class size designed for individualized attention.
440 Studios, 440 Lafayette Street (across from the Public Theater)
New York, NY 10003.